Garrysmod:My addons are not loading what to do
Addons that doesn't load are usually because of a few things. Now depending on where you get them from, the procedure is a bit different.
The singular reason why workshop addons doesn't load, is because its setup incorrectly. Make sure you follow our guide on using workshop addons if you say "Oh I did that still nothing" then tick enable web console in your commandline, and open the web console to show what is happening. If it connects but posts large lines of random stuff, its probably because your visibility is set wrong, so edit the collection and make sure its published and visibility is set to public.
Legacy addons (folder addons):
Legacy addons are not like workshop addons, more things can go wrong here. However there are a few steps you need to take to check if its installed correctly.
- MAKE SURE YOU ALWAYS READ THE INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS PROVIDED BY THE DEVELOPER. NOT EVERYTHING IS DRAG 'N DROP.
- The folder name MUST be lowercase, and without spaces or special characters. (Under Actions on the gamepanel, there's a tool called "Rename Folders", click this to format the folders correctly automatically.
- When you open the folder you have installed, there should be a lua folder as one of the first things inside it. If there's another folder inside, that contains a lua folder. Then you must drag that folder OUT into addons. There cannot be sub-folders inside an addon folder. The game only checks the first folder for files relating to the game.
- Make sure that its updated and licensed. Leaks and outdated scripts pose a security risk, 99% of leaked scripts have backdoors that allow the leaker access to superadmin etc. You can check if you have leaked addons, by enabling the web console and check the feed for
removeid STEAM_0:0XXXX Writing banned_users.txtif you have that chances are you have leaked scripts.
- If everything fails open the web console and check for addon errors. Sadly we do not provide support on 3rd party software etc. You need to contact the developer of the script if you have issues with lua errors.