Minecraft:How to enable whitelisting
From Serenity Servers Support
Follow these simple instructions, and it should work in no time. Enabling whitelist takes no time at all!
- Login to the control panel for your server.
- Once logged in go to Game Servers, and find the Default Config Files, then click on it.
- Once in the config editor, locate and edit server.properties.
- Once inside the server.properties editor, find the line that state the following
- Change "false" to "true"
- Save and exit the editor.
- Since your server now looks for any minecraft usernames in the white-list.txt we need to add any user that needs access to our server, to this file.
- Go back to overview and enter the configuration files.
- Locate the file called white-list.txt and edit it.
- Simply add any users you wish to grant access to your server to this file, in horisontal fashion as showed below. Do not add the numbers, only names and one per line.
- Save and exit the editor, and restart your server. Don't forget to add your own username!