Garrysmod:How to add maps
Adding maps to your Garry's Mod server is very easy, and takes just a few minutes.
Please note, that subscribing to a map while creating your collection, will make the server download it and you can therefore skip these steps.
Before we start, you need to find the map you want to install, so head over to www.garrysmod.org or www.gamebanana.com and download it. A simple google search should also suffice.
- Login to our gamepanel and locate your service, then enter the file manager or use FTP.
- Once you see your files, either using the file manager or FTP. Locate your maps folder by entering the garrysmod folder, followed by the maps folder.
- Once in the maps folder, you need to press the upload button in the file manager or drag and drop the file if using FTP.
- When the upload is complete, then depending on whether or not you extracted it before uploading you may need to extract it.
- If you are on the file manager, simply click the extract button. If you are on FTP, you need to enter the file manager to extract it.
- Now all you need to do is edit your commandline accordingly, setting the default map and restarting your server.